Carbon Monoxide Escaping into Crawl Space

This is a picture of a rusted out furnace flue pipe in a crawl space. Products of combustion were entering the crawl space and likely the living areas of this occupied house. This is a hazardous condition which was unknown to the owner. A qualified and licensed heating contractor will need to replace the entire vent system to make the furnace safe to operate again. This condition had existed for a long time. This health hazard was discovered during a thorough home inspection.